23 February 2012

January Puente Part 2: Galicia

After spending the first half of the weekend in Salamanca, I continued on to Galicia. I will let the pictures do most of the talking for this one:

Santiago de Compostela:

The Cathedral: this marks the end of the Camino de Santiago routes

Sometimes in Spain, you stubble upon random performances in the middle of a street or plaza.

One of the cute streets. Lots of buildings here were made of stone or white with tan trim.

There were lots of parks in Galicia, especially in Santiago de Compostela.

La Coruña (or A Coruña in the local dialect, Galego):

One of the first parks I stumbled upon ...Did I mention how sunny it happened to be
during my visit? :)

La Coruña was beautiful! It was only a day trip before taking a bus from there to Extremadura,
but I wish I could have spent more time in this city!
Tower of Hercules- The trail leading up to the tower had some great views of both the city
and the ocean. Unfortunately the tower itself was closed; it would have been neat to see
everything from higher up!
This is one of the lovely views of the city I was just talking about.
This region is also known for their seafood, especially the pulpo, so I made sure to sample some before I left. Galicia is a really interesting part of Spain, and I am very glad I was able to enjoy some time there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment